Just 2 steps to file Japanese national phase entry of PCT application:
- Step 1: Please let us know your PCT application number.
- Step 2: Please provide us with necessary documents (we will send a list).
To complete the procedures for the national phase entry into Japan, we will:
(1) file a petition for entry to validly enter the national phase in Japan
- PCT National Phase Deadline: 30 months of the priority date of the PCT application
- Estimated costs: JPY 60,000 (Basic Filing Fee) + JPY 14,000 (Government Fee)
(2) prepare and file a full Japanese translation of the PCT application
- Translation Deadline: 2 months from the national phase entry
- Estimated costs: JPY 25 (per English word) (Attorney’s Translation Fee)
Meanwhile, in these days, most of our overseas clients (almost 100%) already filed a PCT application when they consider filing a patent application in Japan. If you wish to file a patent application in Japan directly or through Paris convention route, please let us know.